Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) is the market leading endpoint security product from Symantec. Symantec Endpoint Protection brings unrivaled security and blazing performance across physical and virtual systems and is equipped to protect the latest operating systems achieving maximum performance and advanced protection.
Symantec Insight technology reduces antivirus scans while SONAR stops cyber-criminals and zero-day attacks. Only Symantec Endpoint Protection provides the security you need through a single, high-powered agent, for the fastest, most-effective protection available.
- Ability to document test plans and test cases based on analysis of business requirements, functional requirements and design documents.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot application and environment issues .
-Create scenarios for executing various tests such as load and performance testing.
-Configure test environments, servers, monitor performance tests and identify application bottlenecks.
-Identify and analyze key performance scenarios, metrics and test cases.
- Ability to use the standard & custom performance tools.
- Good communication skills to interact and present test results, trends and findings to team, client, management and support groups
-Take ownership of defects found during performance testing and provide information to developers.
- Work with developers & other stakeholders to technically understand the testing necessities of a component.
- Good knowledge of Windows internals & Good understanding of the networking concepts.
- Must have a proficient knowledge of software development methodologies. Agile development/methodology experience is a huge plus.
-Team-player attitude and the ability to work in a multi-tasking fast paced environment.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 6 years of performance testing experience.
- Some knowledge of one of the programming languages(C/C++/Java) or any scripting language is desirable
- Some white box software testing & experience in code reviews is a big advantage
- Performance and Security Testing is an added advantage